
A group of desolate volcanic islets known by North and South Koreans as Dokdo and by Japanese as Takeshima, is seen in this aerial view photo taken July 14, 2008. South Korea last year briefly recalled its ambassador from Tokyo in protest after Japan said it would write about the longstanding dispute about the islands in school textbooks. (REUTERS/Korea Pool/Newsis)
Random picture I saw from a website, and it has nothing to do with what I'm going to write about, but whatever.
I went to a wedding today. Bruce and Linda's. After 10 years of being together since high school, they finally got married. Hope they have many, many years of happiness together. Hope their marriage can really spread the gospel through their love for each other.
Marriage is something else. There are the best of friends, family ties, but a marriage is the closest thing to how Jesus loves us (the church). The pastor said that marriage was given to us in order for the couple to know God more, to love God more, and to pronounce the gospel through their love for each other. I never thought it that way, but now it makes sense.
"50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce, according to Jennifer Baker of the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Missouri."
That sucks to hear. 50% of couples find that their "true love" or whatever didn't turn out that way. What is true love? Is it something you have between your soulmate? Probably somewhere down the line, from all the movies we watched, we came up with our own skewed view of love.
Marriage yeah. It seems so far away. I'm not gonna worry about it anytime soon.
Mark

Yes! Mark on blogger =)
ReplyDeleteMark, you will find the perfect woman one day.
I once found this quote on my friend's 25 things list.
Run towards God, then look who's running right next to you.
You're such a thinker Mark. I like it. :]
ReplyDelete2 John 1:6 (NASB)
And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.
Keep on thinking and keep on putting random pictures at the start of your posts. I've decided to put random songs at the beginning of my posts. Haha.