Thursday, December 31, 2009

What's in it for me

An Indonesian Christian holds a candle during a Christmas Mass at the Bethany Church in Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia on December 24, 2009. (REUTERS/Sigit Pamungkas)


Yay first update since August 22.

What's in it for me?

Even though I try not to, like reeaaaally try not to, I think I subconsciously always ask myself this before I do anything. Bible says, "It is more blessed to give than to receive." I know this. And I try to keep it in mind whenever I'm dealing with people, with major decisions, with how I spend my time. Lately, God has been super humbling me. "I've given you the right to be called my son. I've given you a peace and joy that transcends all knowledge. I've given you a love like no other in Jesus' death on the cross. If I don't give you anything anymore EVER again, you should still be thankful for everything I've done for you already." Man. Super humbling.

What's in it for me?

Too much living for self-fulfillment. I've been so selfish with my time, my heart, my effort. I always ask myself, "Is there any point to this relationship?" "What am I going to get out of it?" "Is it even worth it?!"

Fall quarter was such a huge fail and success in so many different ways. I'm totally feeling when people say you feel busier and busier as you get older. Winter quarter 2010! REDEMPTION!

Mark

1 comment:

  1. i hope winter quarter was a redemption
    and that spring quarter was even more of one.
    and that 2010-2011 will be a year of soul redemption through Christ for many who are affected by your life and ministering

    ReplyDelete